Supreme Court rules

How to file a rule petition

Any person may initiate a change in Supreme Court Rules, pleading, practice, and procedural statutes, and administrative matters by submitting a petition to the Supreme Court. (See Wis. Stat. § 751.12 and Supreme Court Internal Operating Procedures II.B.5. and III.) In order to ensure the adequacy of a petition and to promote consistency in the format of petitions, the petitioner should follow the guidelines below.

A petition to the Supreme Court to create a new rule or to change an existing rule must be filed with a supporting memorandum and cover sheet. 

Cover sheet and guidelines for rules submissions:
Word version MS Word
PDF version  Adobe PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader version 7.05 or higher)