The Consolidated Court Automation Programs (CCAP) seeks an experienced Database Administrator. The selected individual will work to maintain the integrity and usefulness of more than 100 court system PostgreSQL database servers. The selected candidate will work closely with software develop engineers in the development of new applications for the Wisconsin Court System. All experienced candidates with significant database administrator qualifications are encouraged to apply however, preference will be given to candidates with expert level skills and experience.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Responsibilities: The selected candidate will:
- Ensure security, availability, integrity and redundancy of all court system data
- Design and implement complex database schema
- Develop complex database queries
- Develop and maintain database-related software utilities
- Assist and mentor programmers with database related software development tasks
- Manage statewide software deployments
- Configure and tune database servers
- RDBMS computer science knowledge (methods, normalization, SQL, operating systems) typically acquired through previous database administrator employment experience (or equivalent)
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot complex SQL queries
- Software development experience in an enterprise environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Database administration and/or programming experience with PostgreSQL
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume in Word compatible format (e-mail transmission preferred) clearly indicating your qualifications and the position title Database Administrator (#13-13) to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to: Human Resources, 110 East Main Street Suite 430, Madison, WI 53703-3356, (608) 266-3501 or FAX (608) 261-8293. Failure to follow these procedures may result in your disqualification.
Deadline: All applications must be received by 4:00 PM, Thursday, January 31, 2013. The Wisconsin Court System will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants when requested.